Mirror


Each way i look, there's someone better looking.
More bold features.
Brighter smile.
I try to keep my smile, but then i see theirs.
It starts as a hallow hole in my chest.
Then i look a different way, and that hallow hole fills envy.
Try the other way.
The hole turns in a black hole.
A swarming abyss filled with no self-esteem, no self-worth and desire to be someone, anyone else.

Then i turn and see a mirror. I see flaw after flaw.
I turn the envy for better looking to hatred for myself.

But what if;

Each way i look, I see someone like me.
Someone who loves the sun and hates gas prices.
Someone had a bad day last week, someone eager for the weekends.
What if i didn't hate their bright smile, but returned one?
Instead of a hallow hole, I felt a beating heart, just like theirs.
And a compliment that made theirs beat faster, and mine grow larger.
If i turn the other way and open a door for a woman who needed a friend.
Turn around and helped a gentleman pay for his parking spot, unaware he lost his position at work.

Then turn and see a mirror. And see a heart of gold.
Turn the service for them into love for myself.

Image result for reflection



Till the next post!

Comments

Popular Posts