Vast Skies and Open Seas

The first true ocean going vessel I have stepped on was the T.V. Kings Pointer. Alas, I didn't have a nice camera and phone cameras were not as good as they are these days. Either way, I was lucky enough to sail aboard another 4 merchant vessels during my sea year, and if you love the vast skies and open seas, I have a few pictures from across the globe to share!





This was taken when I was on the Eagle Louisiana at the Gulf of Mexico. You can see the rain clouds pouring down on the horizon ahead. We were anchored off the coast of Houston, Texas.


It might be hard to believe, but this was taken at the same location! Just a few hours later when the clouds have dissipated as the sun sets. 



Welcome to San Francisco! Doesn't look familiar? Well, that is because this was on approach towards the Bay, a sight less seen by most people. This was on board the Paramount Hydra.


This sunset above was taken on board Eagle Stavanger, while we were sailing across the Caribbean Sea, heading to the island of Aruba! The island was itself amazing, but that is for another story.

Comments

Popular Posts