My Onboard Shore

Santa Monica ...


The Beach,

As im a seafarer and my ship was having a route to Los Angeles is it a must

 "I must go to the beach"?

Santa Monica is one of the most famous and favorable beach in Los Angeles as for that myself and my third officer planned out our day to Santa Monica Beach.

After our duty finished at 1130 hours. Once we are done our duty, we ask the stevedore to arrange a bus for us.

Meanwhile we get up to our own respective cabin and get ready before the bus reach to the ship.

Once the bus came we took our shore pass, passport and of course our money to enjoy our shore. We both were so excited to step down on the USA land. The bus driver shows us the way to main get and third officer books grab to Santa Monica.

As it was Saturday the traffic was quite busy and it tooks around one hour to us to reach the beach. As we reach the place it was occupied with lots of people. Luxury cars were parked nearby the beach. Beautiful girls passing by both of us. It was like a dream came true to me.


There was a walkway and on the walkway they had the funfair games and some souvenir shops. The walkway was full of peoples and there was some band shows were going on. We took some pictures there and bought some things for families and and ourselves. I bought a coral made necklace for my lovely mum.


As we only left few hours to get back on our duty again, we decided to go down the street and visit the malls in the town. As stuff were expensive we just walking around the mall and do window shopping.

When it was time to go back to ship my third officer booked a grab, unfortunately we couldn't able to book a grab because of lack of grab cash. We had some problem there to get back to our ship. My third officer tried to call our company staff at Los Angeles those who are incharge of our ship , finally he managed to arrange a taxi.

So we get on the taxi and when back to our ship. We were few minutes late to the duty but we were excused by the captain. Overall we both enjoyed the day very well, and only one thing didn't make me satisfied in this shore. I wanted to try out a hamburger but I couldn't find a burger shop in the place I visited, that's my bad.



The next day after Captain heard our story he asked me, " Hye Sri , why you ain't tell me that you are going out "? I replied "sir, actually it was a sudden plan made by third officer, he wants to take me out with him, so I just went out with him in an excitement".

It was one of the most unforgettable memories will remain in me.

Comments

Popular Posts