T I T A N I U M


The whole theme through the song is that the person telling the story is done being cut down by people's words and actions.

You shout it out, but I can't hear a word you say
It's not that the narrator is saying he can't hear, he has become so used to the things said about him that he has grown numb to the insults and the pain.He has reached a point that he realized now, probably growing older, that he has nothing more to fear.
 Sticks and stones may break my bones

That the voices that once tore him down can't hurt him anymore. Since he has realized that he is no longer able to be hurt by their words, it becomes clear to him that he is in a way invincible. From a writer's standpoint I don't think that he's actually claiming some sort of supernatural power. I actually think of the ending is much more sad than that. Because even though he may be bulletproof I think that he's only bulletproof because he's been beaten so much that he has built a resistance to the pain that once haunted him.

In addition to that,
 I'm talking loud not saying much
means that he has already been convinced that his opinion is not going to change anything. 
Fire away fire away
not only is he no longer afraid he has begun to accept it.




Watch the video after reading, maybe you will be able to interpret the song from my point of view.



Till the next post!

Comments

Popular Posts