The Rebellious Woman, "AMMA"

“Pragasshbathy, I'm off to work,” is the first sentence I hear every morning if I'm at home. It’s the voice that inspires me for writing this story today.

Years ago, the most amazing human being was born, my favourite human, my Amma.. She’s called Malliga @ Shanti. My mother (Amma) taught me to always hold on to hope and never give up on anything. Eventhough I was the second born in a family of five, I'm the most pampered child for Amma..

“You okay? Is something you wanna share? Why aren’t you eating? Do you feel better?”

That’s Amma. She has remained the backbone in my life. 


I remembered when I had completed my secondary school and obtained a very good results in SPM, I still didn't manage to get a government university. With lack of guidance and financial support, I've pursued to Linton University College. Amma wasn't happy with the decision. My family was financially stuck. Even my dad suggested that I proceed to work. Amma was against the idea.Instead, Amma decided to withdraw each and every cent of her savings that she has saved up for years ever since I was a child. She managed to collect financial support as much as she can. And here today, I'm at Malaysian Maritime Academy (ALAM) for a diploma.

Amma is always jovial and ready to tackle anything, be it good or bad. She taught me to never give up on anything, not even my dreams or career. At times, I didn't think I would proceed with my education, Amma made it happen. Even when things look hard and I almost gave up, she has always been there to lift me up, even at the slightest point. 

She have been the one going through the problem first hand but she did not forget to console and tell me everything was going to be alright as if the situation was reversed.. phewwww..! That's Amma, strong nah.. She always believe in positive energy and she calls it, GOD. She reminds me to always turn to God at any given time, whether in happy or difficult times, we should always put God first. 

Despite not seeing her as often as I'd like, we talk often on the phone. The exchange of few words with her, the magic potion start working and I feel refreshed. Amma wants to know all my milestones. She always ensure that I'm a-okay. She encourage me not to neglect my studies and that I'm the hope of the family. She may have disciplined me a lot in the past, but I thank her for that, I would not be the person I am today.

Staying away from Amma..I feel the loneliness. I will be getting to spend only the weekends with her. I need you Amma..You're the only person who are so excited to celebrate the glory of my success. It is amazing to share beautiful bond with you. Well, well.. there's no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.

You are truly an albatraoz Maa.. 
MY IRON LADY!

Comments

Popular Posts