Started from the bottom, now I'm up!

Homie, don't kill my vibe!

Photo was taken at Yellow Sea 

  Today as a young damn navigator, my friends would not believe that I was introvert person back in when I was learning how actually baby was formed. When I was in high school I had my vision of becoming completely different from other girls who had the mainstream occupations such as a doctor, a teacher or a lawyer. I was inspired by my cousin who is now going to be a chief officer in American Eagle Tanker company.
During Raya celebration onboard


     After his one year of shipboard training as a cadet, he was sharing his experience on how his life has changed as a boy to an adult. From being completely insane to a man who I can look up to. I was motivated by his words and wanted to give a try. Besides, I had my own reasons which brought into this career. To be honest I had the least knowledge about this career before I joining. A career that has the most longest holiday in my opinion. In most jobs, it is only possible to take a maximum of two to three weeks holiday at one time, but seafarers may sometimes be away be away from home for extended periods, they also enjoy the benefits when they come home.  

    When I was a teenager, I never able to show my talent or ability as I was not active in school activities. You can call me lazy but yeah I was lazy and I hate moving from one place to another place but ALAM has made me a completely different person. I won the first place for ladies category cross country of 10km. I can do 100 push ups at a time and I became more extrovert. I began to see the world differently as I'm exposed to new environment, like an analogy putting a fish in a dessert. Will it survive??  NOOO!!! But ladies and gentlemen, I, Utayadarrshini Manoharan an indian girl which has defied all odds survived!!
testing IMO spray line


     Being an Indian girl, I will not blame the upbringings but I blame the mindsets. I received so many discouragements about me getting into this career such as "You, you sure?... You are a girl.How can you do this?... Darrshini you are not going to make it...etc. SO, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS ONCE MY NAME IS DARRSHINI AND CURRENTLY I AM IN MY FINAL YEAR AT MALAYSIAN MARITIME ACADEMY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDD I HAVE THREE STRIPES ON MY SHOULDERS.





sunset!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts