Food is Bae but Briyani is Love!

This post carries a disclaimer about the briyani bearing no relation to your possible growling stomach!

Okay, so if you don't love briyani, then you're doing it wrong. That is not normal at all. Who wouldn't love a heavenly, succulent plate of briyani? Well, Biryani is love and no matter when and where I am, the craving for biryani can hit me real hard. Briyani is my Friday Weakness. YES! You read it right. That's not an exaggeration because only a person who's in love with briyani can know the depths to which that love can take you. Biryani is a dish, which bonds emotionally with a person who truly respects it’s existence. It is easily the most amazing dish in the entire world.











Sometimes it feels like I am in a relationship with Briyani. Whenever I travel, my number one priority is not sightseeing; It is hunting down the best briyani places in the city and enjoying a few plates. While a normal briyani lover can list out about 3 best places for briyani, but my list is much more detailed, better researched and includes footnotes and analysis. BRIYANI BUSINESS IS A SERIOUS BUSINESS! It does not matter which restaurant I go to, be it a small-time eating joint or a six-star dining palace, the only question I would want answer for is  " Do you have briyani?" but tasting bad briyani would pretty much ruin my week. 





The enemy of briyani is the ELAICHI aka cardamon.


But the plus about briyani is that there isn't just one type of briyani. Yup! There’s chicken biryani, mutton biryani, prawn biryani, Hyderabadi biryani, Sindhi biryani the list just goes on and on. You’re doing yourself a disservice if you haven’t tried more than three types of biryani. When people order abominations like ‘veg biryani’ or ‘fish biryani’ you’re in total shock. Biryani equals mutton biryani first and chicken second. And that’s it. Briyani is a complete meal. You've got your spices, your meat, your rice and that freaking beautiful mouth watering smell that makes it so irresistible. The best thing about briyani is that it would cheer me up any time of the day. I could be having the worst day at work or just having a bad day, the minute I get a plate of briyani, everything seems bearable.







All in all, briyani is simply finger lickin'good!


Till the next post.














Comments

Popular Posts